Join us for the 2015 show!
After our phenomenally successful, inaugural Sight Unseen OFFSITE event last year — which included an Instagram-ready still-life photo booth, a Memphis-y soup of Print All Over Me goodness, and a cocktail party with a line around the block — the question on everyone’s lips was: But will you do it again? Today, we’re happy to announce that yes, Sight Unseen OFFSITE will be returning for a second, even more exciting year! Presented in partnership with Ford and running from May 15–18, Sight Unseen OFFSITE will be part of the blockbuster NYCxDESIGN week, which now includes not only design shows like ICFF and Wanted but also Frieze, NADA, and the Collective Design Fair.
For 2015, we’re inhabiting a new venue: Hudson Mercantile, a beautiful 12,000 square-foot photo studio located just one block from the Javits Center, where ICFF is held. In addition to showcasing a curated selection of furniture and product launches by some of our favorite independent design studios, Sight Unseen OFFSITE has this year partnered with Ford to bring the design thinking behind the all-new 2015 Edge to life in the form of the Dynamic Sanctuary, a special immersive installation by Brooklyn design studio The Principals.
We’re also excited to announce that we’ll be joining forces this year for the first time with Collective Design, taking place May 13–17 at Soho’s Skylight Clarkson Sq. Inside, Sight Unseen will present a special Sight Unseen OFFSITE satellite installation featuring six up-and-coming American designers presenting gallery-level work: Mimi Jung (Los Angeles), Matthew Sullivan (Los Angeles), Doug Johnston (New York), Brian Thoreen (Los Angeles), Steven Haulenbeek (Chicago), and Egg Collective (New York).
Sight Unseen OFFSITE 2015 will include the following highlights:
– A newly commissioned large-scale immersive installation by Brooklyn design studio The Principals, meant to embody the design ideas behind Ford’s 2015 Edge vehicle
– The launch of Print All Over Me Home, a new site dedicated to housewares and curated by Sight Unseen
– Presentations of new work by more than 30 of the best independent design talents as chosen by Sight Unseen, including New Friends, Assembly Design, Bower, Calico Wallpaper, Chiaozza, Eric Trine, Ladies & Gentlemen Studio, John Hogan, Pablo Alabau, Mercury Bureau, Brook & Lyn, Matthew Sullivan, LUUR Design, B Zippy, 100xbtr, Huy Bui, and Yield
– A group exhibition of candleholders and candelabras curated by the American Design Club in partnership with Roll & Hill
– An interactive installation by HGTV star Katie Stout
– And much more to come!
A full lineup will be available in the coming weeks at offsite.sightunseen.com.
Interested in exhibiting at this year’s show? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for rates and information.
Eric Trine’s Octahedron Table series | Sight Unseen OFFSITEGreg Papove’s Halo light | Sight Unseen OFFSITEAssembly Design’s 2x Mirror | Sight Unseen OFFSITEMercury Bureau’s Axis Lamp | Sight Unseen OFFSITEYield’s Meso Pendant Light | Sight Unseen OFFSITELuur Design’s Whole Side Table | Sight Unseen OFFSITEBrian Thoreen’s coffee table | Sight Unseen OFFSITE @ Collective Design